Frequently Asked Questions

1)  Do I need a visa to attend this camp? 

No.  If you are from the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, The UK or numerous other countries, you can land in Hong Kong and stay at least 90 Days.  We are currently not accepting applications from countries that require a visa to stay in Hong Kong.

2) Are meals included? 

No, meals are not included, but we can help to keep you on a low budget if needed.  A wholesome meal can be bought for as little as 20HKD (about $2.50USD) and an upscale meal might go from $80HKD upwards.

3) What are the ages acceptable to attend this camp?

This event is aimed at anyone who is considering launching a business in Asia.  Whether you’re fresh out of college, not even graduated yet, or just quit your day job of 25 years, we’re here to equip you with everything you need to be successful in your new startup endeavour!

4)  What are the accomodations at for the Premium Package?

The accomodations for the Premium Package will be at the Yes Inn in Causeway Bay unless we notify you otherwise.  Each camper will have a bunk and private locker.  Please see the information page for the list of additional features.  Its a brand new, nice, modern accomodation smack in the middle of the action in Hong Kong Island.

5)  Is there a guide?

Yes, a western guide and assistant will be present to lead you through the entire camp and activities.

6)  Do I need travel insurance?

Yes, you must acquire a travel insurance package that is valid in Hong Kong during the dates of the camp.  These packages can usually be found for less than $50.  If you have trouble finding one contact us and we can try to help you find a discounted package.

7)  What methods of payment do you accept?

We currently accept payments by Paypal, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Unionpay, or Bank Transfer.

8)  Will we have free time to wander around, sightsee and shop?

Yes, you will have plenty of time to get out and do things on your own, or with your assigned partner.

9)  What kind of clothing should I bring?

We suggest keeping it on the casual side, but bringing a set of “business” clothes along.  It’s going to be fairly hot in Hong Kong and we will be moving around.  It won’t be necessary to “dress to impress” all the time as many of the events are informational, but it never hurts to look good and there will be a few events where you want to dress in class.

10)  Do I need to speak Cantonese?

No, most people in Hong Kong speak English and it is fairly easy to get by in English.  However, Cantonese is a huge part of the culture and it certainly doesn’t hurt to learn it.  In fact, we will be providing lots of Cantonese lessons included in the price of the camp in all packages.

11) Do I need a mobile phone?

We ask that you do, and if you can bring an iphone or android you will be able to buy a local SIM card with 3G service and download apps that we will use during the camp.  If you cannot, please contact us and we will try to work something out.

12) Do I need vaccinations to go to Hong Kong?

Nothing out of the ordinary ones you should already have.

13) Can I arrive early or stay longer?

Yes, but we will not be responsible for that part of the trip.  However we can advise you as to how to go about it and your best options including choosing to apply for a Rudi Goes Asia internship which includes remuneration such as salary, airfare, and/or housing in Hong Kong.

14)  The dates of the camp are inconvenient for me but I want to attend, will there be other dates?

Yes.  Please let us know what dates are convenient for you and we will try to place you into a convenient camp.